DIY Wood Christmas Advent Calendar House
Make your own wooden advent calendar to get the holidays started off right. This is a build the whole family will love, building up the excitement of Christmas. Use your creativity to find or make treats or toys to put in each of the cubbies. This shelf measures 25 1/2 in tall x 23 1/4 in wide.
Helpful notes I learned:
- Do not pre-cut boards, you will want to cut them one at a time to fit.
- If you do not have a plainer you can sand by hand or use a hand planer
- If you do not have a bandsaw you can always use 1/4in plywood or just use the 1x4’s at regular size
- 1 - 12ft 1x4
- 1 - 2ft x 4ft 1/4in plywood
- 5/8 in nails
- Wood glue
Remember DO NOT pre-cut, you need to cut one at a time to fit.
- 25 1/2 in tall x 23 1/4 in wide with 45 degree cuts to make the roof (sides measure about 13 3/8 in tall to meet up to the roof)
- Board cuts:
- Bottom 22 3/4 in
- Sides 2 - 13 3/4 in (one side with a 45 degree cut)
- 16 1/2 in (one 45 degree cut)
- 16 3/4 in (one 45 degree cut)
- 3 - 22 5/8 in
- 13 1/4 in (2 45 degree cuts)
- 15 in
- 15 - 3 1/16 in
- 2 - 4 7/8 in
- 6 3/8 in
- 4 7/8 in (one 45 degree cut)